5 reasons to consider an electric fireplace
Kohles & Bach is your Des Moines fireplace store installing both gas and electric Heatilator fireplaces.
If you’re considering adding an electric fireplace to your home, here are five reasons it may be the best choice.
- They’re cheaper to run. Electric fireplaces cost 8-12 cents to run and hour to run. Gas and wood fireplaces cost up to 26 cents an hour.
- No chimney. Up to 60% of your heating bill goes right out your chimney, but electric fireplaces don’t need one.
- No pollution. Wood fireplaces add the most pollution of any fireplace or stove, and gas fireplaces add a little. But electric fireplaces are pollution-free.
- Electric fireplaces can be easily installed in any room, bringing ambience to a bedroom or basement.
- Safety. Electric fireplaces stay cool to the touch, making them safe for kids and pets.
Here’s more info on electric fireplaces.
Our Des Moines fireplace showroom is open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.