Get your Des Moines home ready for spring
Sunday, March 20 is officially the first day of spring, so it’s a good time to start getting your Des Moines home ready for the change of seasons.
Here are seven things you can do in just about an hour to get your home ready for spring.
1. Change your air filter. A dirty air filter makes your heating and cooling system work harder to use more energy.
2. Clean your vents by removing the covers and vacuuming out the inside. Wash the covers and replace them when they’re dry.
3. Turn off the pilot light on your gas fireplace. Hopefully you won’t be needing that to heat the house any more until fall.
4. Schedule an appointment to have your air conditioner cleaned and checked. Our $69 professional clean and check will make sure your a/c is ready to fire up that first 90-degree day.
5. Check your sump pump to make sure it’s still working after the long winter.
6. Replace the batteries and test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
7. Inspect your gutters to make sure there isn’t anything blocking the path for spring showers to drain properly. And make sure downspouts are intact.
Need help getting your HVAC system ready for spring? Call Kohles & Bach at 515-278-2900 for all of your air conditioning repair and installation needs in Des Moines.